Laminate flooring is a beautiful option for a modern home. It provides the rich look of real wood or tile without the high price tag or difficult upkeep. So, you need the best mop for laminate floors to keep your floor clean.
- Quick Picks
In a hurry? Pick a mop from our top recommendations!
Dual-sided mop head enabling you to clean floors quickly: O-cedar Spary Mop
Adjustable handle extending further offering a longer reach: LINKYO Mop
Hands-free wringing allows the user to clean their rooms: O-cedar Spin Mop
For mopping larger rooms with ends located too far from the wall outlet: Bissell Spinwave Mop
What Types of mops Are Safe to Use on Laminate Floors?
Usually, mos of the mops on market are safe to laminate the floor. And the following mops get better cleaning results.
Microfiber mops are preferable for cleaning laminate floors due to them being versatile. You can use this mop to dry, dust, and wet your laminate floors. You don’t have to use different equipment to clean the floors completely. These mops have reusable pads.
The best thing about spray mops is that you don’t have a lot of work to do. Cleaning your laminate floors using these mops saves you time. These mops are ergonomic you don’t have to use a bucket of water. It is all about spraying and mopping with this mop.
Laminate floors require less water when cleaning. Water is an enemy to the floors. Spin mops are good for your laminate floors as they use less water when it comes to cleaning. This means that your floors are safe from any sort of damage that dampness can bring.
When using steam mops, you keep away from using chemicals that can harm you. It is convenient for you to use on your laminate floors. With steam mops, you can keep your floors dry immediately you are done cleaning. Steam mops leave your laminate floors looking shiny and not sticky.
These mops are the best for laminate floors as they are very efficient, chemical-free, and don’t leave the floors damp.
Tips on Choosing A Mop for Laminate Floors
The right way to keep the floors looking great is by investing in a high-quality mop.
Ideally, you need a mop that is designed for laminate floors. The following are some of the things to consider when choosing the right mop for a laminate floor.
For regular cleaning needs, you will need a flat mop. A flat mop enables you to swiftly clean up your floors without taking a lot of your time. Less effort is required in the cleaning process where these mops are involved.
If you are going for a deep cleaning plan. You will need a steam mop as it does clean your laminate floors thoroughly.
When it comes to cleaning larger spaces, you need a mop that meets your needs. A spin mop is the best choice for you who has a large space of laminate floors in your home.
For your small spaces, spray mops are the best choice for you. Spray mops will handle your space right and leave your floors clean and sparkly.
Weight and mobility
When purchasing a mop for your laminate floors, you must choose one that is lightweight. This does make cleaning easy as you will move around with ease and not get tired.
Also, consider the mobility of the mop you want to purchase. You can do this by finding out if the mop you are interested in has a swiveling head or an adjustable pole. These two features do help in enhancing mobility.
When choosing the right mop for the laminate floor, you ought to consider the attachments that come with your mop. That is because the mop attachments can help you to clean even hard-to-reach areas and confined areas. In this way, you can carry out thorough cleaning without putting in a lot of effort.
2. The lifespan of pads and mops
It is advisable to get a mop that will last a few months or weeks. Thus, the durability of your mop is an important aspect to consider.
For instance, string mobs wear out quite quickly as compared to sponge or microfiber ones. Therefore, if the lifespan of the mop is quite important for you, you should get a mop with two pads.
3. Sturdy construction
In addition, the mop should entail a sturdy construction as this will ensure that no component is going to break apart when the mop is pressed harder against the surface to remove stubborn dust, dirt, grime, and debris.
4. Easy to maneuver and run
A good mop for laminate floors should be easy to maneuver as well as easy to run through the hard-to-reach areas such as underneath furniture as this will ensure a greater cleaning experience.
Last but not least, the mop should be designed in such a manner that it is able to absorb dust, dirt, debris, and moisture with greater effectiveness.
Best Mops For Laminate Floors Reviews
1. Best Overall – Pursteam 10-in-1 Steam Mop for Floors
- Safe for children and pets
- Suits most types of floors and floor coverings
- Convenient detachable design
- 3 Adjustable modes for your specific needs
- Top-quality components
- Lightweight and highly maneuverable
- Backed by a 2-year free replacement policy for the pads
- The mop head is not that wide
The Pursteam 10-in-1 floor mop takes the best overall slot on the best mops for laminate floors list because it cleans basically everything and offers 99.995 sanitation, at least according to what the manufacturer claims.
Nevertheless, this multipurpose steam mop works great not only on the laminate floors, but also on many types of surfaces, including hardwood, vinyl floors, and tiles. In addition, it cleans and freshens carpets perfectly, making your room clean and hygienic.
Consider the pros and cons of the detachable handheld floor and carpet cleaning unit, which can also be used as a garment steamer, mirror as well as glass cleaner and much more, before making a decision.
2. For Dry and Wet Cleaning – O-cedar Microfiber Spray Mop
- High-quality microfiber materials for effective cleaning
- Dual-sided mop head design
- Comes with a refillable bottle
- Versatile and suitable for both wet mopping and dry mopping
- Does not require batteries
- Cannot hang it up on a hook
O-cedar microfiber spray mop is arguably the best spray mop in its category as it comes with a mop head that consists of special microfibers with the capability of absorbing the smallest dirt as well as dust particles possible.
Something else that sets this incredible floor mopping solution is the large, dual-sided mop head design, which allows the head to flip, enabling the user to clean floors quickly without needing to change the mop pad.
It’s worth noting that this microfiber mop can be used for both dry mopping and wet mopping, providing all the mopping options.
3. Best Affordable – LINKYO Mop for Laminate Floors
- Very affordable price
- Picks up dirt and dust effectively
- Easy to maneuver for desired results
- Microfiber mop pad
- Adjustable handle
- Package includes reusable microfiber mop cloths
- Not really great for mopping a big area
Going for as little as under $100 despite offering some unimaginable benefits, the LINKYO mop for laminate floors is arguably the best affordable choice on the list. It works well on picking up dirt and dust on the laminate floors gently. This LINKYO mop is of great quality and it can be as durable as you expected.
If you are looking for a decent mop that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, this mop which has an adjustable handle, which extends further offering a longer reach, perfectly fits the bill.
4. Most Effective – Shark Steam Pocket Mop for Floor Cleaning
- Cleans as well as sanitizes with both sides
- Way more stream for effective work
- Very easy to put together and use
- Has a longer power chord
- Larger water tank
- Mops more effectively through the steaming mechanism
- Slightly hard to push along the floor
The Shark Steam Pocket mop is recognized by its uniquely longer power chord, which allows the lightweight mop to reach every corner of the room without accidentally unplugging itself from the outlet.
Something else that sets this well-thought-out mopping solution apart from the rest is the fact that the user can flip its head over for double cleaning with 1 cloth, thereby saving resources and money in the long-run.
5. Hands-free Wringing – O-cedar Spin Mop for Laminate Floors
- In-built wringer for hands-free wringing
- Deep-cleaning microfiber
- Removes and absorbs stubborn dirt and grime
- Exclusive foot pedal design activates spin wringing for controlling moisture levels
- Built-in Splash Guard feature
- Mop head is a bit small
O-cedar is arguably another best spin mop available. Featuring well thought out bucket design with an in-built wringer that ensures hands-free wringing, mop works great and allows the user to clean their rooms conveniently.
The mop head, which is characterized by a deep-cleaning microfiber eliminates as well as absorbs stubborn dirt and grime like no other, leaving your floor sparkling after a mopping.
6. With Long Pole – Quickie Automatic Mop
- Very affordable price
- Automatic squeezing action feature for the simplest wringing process
- Cellulose sponge mop head, which absorbs more moisture and water
- An entire 5-year limited warranty
- Solution refill bottle is easy to reattach after refilling
- Not for very stubborn dirt and masks
The beauty of sponge mops is that they have a higher moisture absorption rate. Apart from that, they tend to absorb more dirt, grime, and debris than other types of mops, ensuring greater results at any time.
Having said that, if you are looking for a reliable sponge mop, look no further than the Quickie Automatic mop. Though this mop has a name that sounds less professional, many consumers consider it their best sponge mop due to the number of positive aspects that it boasts.
7. High Quality Cordless – Bissell Spinwave Mop Floor Cleaner
- Powerful, hard floor spin mop
- The cordless design ensures greater convenience
- On-demand spray design lets you control moisture levels conveniently
- Runs quietly
- Comes with reusable mop pads
- Dual-purpose storage tray
- Consume less electricity
- Uses a lithium-ion battery that will last up to 30 minutes only
Cordless spin mops are a popular type of spin mops with many buyers preferring them to other types of mops simply because they offer the convenience of not having a cord and not relying on electricity. These can be a great option for mopping larger rooms with ends located too far from the wall outlet, making it difficult for a corded spin mop to reach those due to a shortage in length.
That said, if you are shopping for a nice cordless mop, shop no further than the Bissell Spinwave mop floor cleaner.
Regarded as the best cordless mop by many buyers, this floor mopping solution thoroughly scrubs floors, reducing the user’s cleaning efforts. Plus, it offers the convenience of a cordless unit, providing the freedom to clean more areas.
8. With Cyclone Filtration – Eureka Lightweight Vacuum for Laminate Floors
- Delivers multi-surface cleaning
- Cyclone Filtration System for high performance of air filtration
- Lightweight, easy to carry and easy to maneuver
- Comes with washable and reusable components
- Long cord and automatic cord rewind allows for convenient use
- Comes with an an-easy-to-empty dust cup
- The bags should be changed often
The Eureka Lightweight vacuum for laminate floors is arguably the best vacuum available, offering the ultimate benefits of a vacuum cleaner.
This unit is not only portable and easy to store, but it is also very effective at what it does, ridding all types of floors, carpets, and rugs of dirt, dust, and grime.
What Is the Best Way to Mop Laminate Floors?
When you install laminate floors, you need to read about how to clean them. You must note laminate floors are not good at handling water. When moping, choose a mopping system that will not require the use of a lot of water.
Using a spray or steam mop is the best way of moping your laminate floors. You will have an easy time cleaning and also drying your floors. It is safe to say that choosing the right mop is the key to you moping your laminate floor right.
How to Clean Laminate Floors with a Steam Mop?
The following steps are detailed cleaning guides.
1. Then vacuum your floor before using a steam mop to clean it up.
2. Fill the water tank with clean water.
3. Set the heat to an average of 250 degrees for the water to heat up. This heat that comes from the steam produced is good for destroying bacteria.
4. When you are done with vacuuming, you can go ahead and start cleaning using the steam mop. Direct the mop towards the floor from the furthest end towards the door.
5. Change the pads when they get dirty. You need to have several pads that you can interchange with.
Precautions when using a steam mop on the laminate floor.
1. Make sure you don’t set the heat too high as this does damage your floors.
2. Keep off from holding the steam on one specific part of the floor for too long as this is damaging to the laminate floors.
3. Laminate is very delicate which is why you should not have the habit of using a steam mop on them frequently.
FAQs About Best Mop for Laminate Floors
1. Can a laminate floor mop clean other surfaces?
A laminate floor mop can definitely clean other surfaces like hardwood floors, tiles, and so on. How well the mop can do the job depends on several factors, including the features and the design of the product in question. That’s the reason you find that some laminate floor mops will clean non-laminate floors better than others.
2. Is vacuum suitable for mopping laminate floors?
The answer to the question depends on the mopping method in question, whether that be wet mopping or dry mopping. For the former method, a vacuum is not suitable.
In fact, it is not recommended as this can result in electrocution and/or serious damage to the machine. Use a wet mop that is designed for laminate flooring instead. For the latter method, a vacuum can indeed be a great mopping solution, providing the best cleaning experience.
3.What should I do to keep laminate floors clean?
With laminate flooring, that includes regularly sweeping and mopping to remove any dirt or debris that winds up on the surface of the flooring.
By doing this, you can help minimize scratches or wear on the surface of the flooring, keeping it looking like new for longer. Because flooring is so expensive, it is worth doing everything in your power to help it last as long as possible.
4. Can I use any cleaning solutions on the mop to clean laminate floors?
Yes, you can use a mixture of water and vinegar to clean your laminate floors.
5. Can dust mop clean the laminate floor?
Yes, it can clean laminate floors but not as best as a steam mop or the other mops discussed above.
6. Will Swiffer ruin laminate floors?
No, Swiffer will not cause your laminate floors any harm. It is safe to use it on your floors as long as you will dry the floors.
The reason why many homeowners choose to have laminate floors as opposed to other types of floors is that these synthetic wood floors come with greater benefits than other types of floors. However, the look of your laminate floor will depend greatly on how well you look after your floor
Having said that, finding the correct mop will contribute greatly to how attractive your floor will look. You will get value for money. So, what mop would you choose among the above and why? You may let us know your thoughts. With nothing more to say, good luck shopping.
More kinds of mops for cleaning >>