Having the best mop will not only leave your floor spotless but also prevent your back from aching. With different models and brands available in today’s market, choosing a mop that best suits your needs is relatively challenging. Fortunately, in this article, we shall be taking you through some of the best mops for stone floors.
Top 5 Best Mop for Stone Floors On the Market
Tips for Choosing A Mop for Stone Floors
As previously mentioned, choosing the best mop for stone floors is never an easy task; however, with these tips, you will be able to find one that will best suit your needs;
The material of a mop will determine the type of floor it best cleans. When it comes to cleaning stone floors such as marble and slate, it is highly recommended to use soft microfiber wet and dry mop attachments.
For instance, cotton yarn is suitable for cleaning areas that rarely come in contact with grime; this is because cotton is less durable than most materials, but they have excellent absorbency for smaller particles such as fine dirt and dust. Always keep this mind since it will help you get a mop that will best suit your stone floor.
The Size of the Mop
This is an important feature you need to look into before making a final decision on a mop for your stone floor. In most cases the size of a mop is described by three main measurements;
- Yarn’s length – This is vital since it determines the amount of surface area you can cover before rinsing. When the yarn is long, the more water as well as dirt it absorbs within a bigger surface area.
- The width of a mop head – The length of yarn often determines the width of your mop head. A mop designed for stone floors with a wider head is capable of cleaning a larger surface area; however, they can be challenging to use when carrying out a small task.
- Absorbency – The measurement is often calculated in a fluid ounce. The longer the yarn and the wider the mop’s head, the more liquid it absorbs. In addition to that, absorbency tends to differ significantly with the material of a yarn. Therefore, this is a vital aspect you need to consider when looking for a mop for stone floors.
Top 5 Best Mop for Stone Floors Reviews
- Cleans faster due to the extra-large mop head
- Highly versatile
- This mop has been designed to be long-lasting
- Light in weight which helps boost maneuverability
- Not for very deep cleaning
Features of Bona Spray Mop
- Ideal for all-natural stones – Bona Spray Mop is a highly versatile mop ideal for cleaning different types of floor surfaces, including stone terrazzo, linoleum, sealed porous marble, no-waxed sealed tile, LVT, and laminate.
- Incredible size – If you are looking for an extra-large mop head, then this will be best for you. This mop cleans approximately 40% faster than its competitors.
- Easy to operate – Using this mop is relatively easy; it is equipped with an easy to refill cartridge along with a machine-washable microfiber cleaning pad.
- Highly durable – Having a highly durable mop should always be your top priority, and this mop offers just that. The mop is not only durable but also light in weight, and it is equipped with a secondary grip, retractable hook that allows easy storage and a flexible rubber corner.
- Sanitizes your floor using steam which makes it safe for use around kids and pets
- Three levels of steam for different cleaning needs
- It features a swivel design that allows you to reach some of the hard to reach corners
- Cleans well without harsh chemicals
- Affordable price
- The water tank is a bit small
Features of Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop
- Anti-bacterial property – The Bissell PowerFresh steam mop is ideal for cleaning stone floors and helps to get rid of all germs and bacterial without the use of harsh chemicals. The mop achieves this with the use of steam to sanitize your surface.
- Different steam settings – With this mop, you can choose different levels of steam for a different task. It is equipped with three levels; high, medium, and low, allowing you to clean your stone floor effectively.
- Swivels – It is equipped with a swivel steering along with a 23-foot power cord allowing you to access some of the hard to reach corners of your house.
- Easy to operate – The mop is equipped with an easy scrubber flip that is capable of reaching to all grout and crevices
- Eliminates odor from your stone floor, leaving your house smelling nice
- Aids in not only cleaning but vacuuming your floor all at once
- Great for cleaning pet messes on different surfaces
- Comes with many other accessories
- It is relatively expensive compared to other products on the list
Features of Bissell All in One Vacuum
- Great design – The Bissell Crosswave helps in vacuuming and washing your stone floor all at once. For better maneuverability, the mop is equipped with 25 feet power cord
- Multi-surface pet brush – This feature is ideal for individuals with pets; it helps get rid of pet hair. In addition to that, it is safe for sealed stone floors as well as area rugs
- Gets rid of the odor – Bissell Crosswave helps get rid of stains and odors from your floor, leaving your house smelling fresh
- Ideal for different surfaces – This mop has been designed to be suitable for cleaning different surfaces
- Super easy to use and versatile for cleaning
- 360 degree rotating for cleaning hard-to-reach areas
- Great for both dry and wet cleaning
- Relatively affordable
- Eco-friendly and machine washable pads
- Not for large areas
Features of Turbo Microfiber Mop
- Premium quality – The Microfiber Mop is a commercial grade mop ideal for cleaning different floor surfaces.
- Machine-washable mop head – This mop is equipped with two washable microfiber pads that can be rewashed, reused, replaced and refilled. This makes it relatively easy to maintain it.
- High quality – For maximum durability, this mop is made from aluminum material, making it one of the most affordable and highly reliable mops in today’s market.
- Long mop handle – The mop measures 60 inches long, and it is equipped with telescoping handle, which makes it easy to clean some of the hard to reach surfaces in your home.
- Fast cleaning time
- Offers a comfortable cleaning experience
- Efficient in cleaning
- Ideal for cleaning different stone surfaces
- It does not feature a scrub edge that helps in getting rid of a difficult stain
Features of OXO Good Grips Microfiber Mop
- Efficient – It is equipped with a microfiber layer that grabs and traps dirt for effective cleaning
- Great design – For maximum efficiency, the mop is equipped with an elevated foot that keeps the sponge elevated for great airflow and quick drying
- Comfortable – This mop offers a great cleaning experience, it features an easy-to-hold handle, and a fully wring mop with a simple pill
- Absorbent – The mop is equipped with a wide and absorbent sponge equipped with microfiber layers covering large areas with a single swipe
How to Clean a Stone Floor?
One of the vital things you need to consider when it comes to cleaning stone floors is that you should not clean them using cleaners that are too acidic or too alkaline. These pH levels are capable of removing the shine or finish from your floor.
Therefore, you should always consider using neutral cleaners if dealing with natural stone; ensure that the pH level is 7. This is because any pH level below 7 is considered acidic, and they can get rid of sealant and lead to etching.
On the other hand, a pH level above 7 is considered alkaline; they are often great when it comes to getting rid of grime and grease; however, they will leave behind a damaged residue if you fail to rinse or neutralize your stone floor properly.
When dealing with stones such as marble, you should always consider taking simple steps in maintaining your floor. This will not only make your cleaning process much efficient by also more effective and protect your floor from scratching. You should note that marble is one of the softest stones, and they get damaged very easily. Therefore, you should consider sweeping areas that experience high traffic within your home and use a mat to prevent dirt from being left behind.
Using a spray bottle and a floor cleaner and a dry microfiber mop is one the best methods you can use in cleaning your floor. All that is required of you is to spritz your cleaner on the floor and allow it to sit for a few minutes for the solution to grab dirt. Once that is done, take your mop and start mopping. Using this method, you will be able to reduce the amount of dirty liquid stacking in the grout line or holes of your stone floor.
In addition to that, you might as well consider using a bucket along with floor cleaner and a mop pad in water to clean your stone floor. This method is considered great for kitchens equipped with the stone floor because extra water will help get rid of stuck food. When working with this method, you should consider cleaning a small area and then rinse your mop for effective results.
How to Wax Stone Floor?
Waxing your stone floor will protect it significantly, create a non-slippery surface, and add a more attractive shine. Once done correctly, you will create a beautiful and high durable surface. Before waxing your stone floor, you will need to determine whether it has been treated and waxed before. If your floor was waxed before, you should try and find out the type of product used; the natural ones are often referred to as wax while the synthetic is known as finish.
On the other hand, if your floor has been treated, you should choose the wax to work with; remove your furniture and other objects from your floor. Once that is done, you will determine the area that needs waxing and get rid of any object around that area and put a sign to let people know that the area will be off-limit for approximately eight hours. You should consider taping down the edge of the area you have waxed.
Before you start waxing, you will purchase a floor stripping solution to remove all grime, dirt, and previous wax if your floor has not been treated. When doing so, ensure that the area has been vacuumed or swept clean, and all dust and debris have been dealt with; always put on protective gear when carrying out this activity. Once this is set, you can start the waxing process.
What is the Best Cleaner for Stone Floors?
StoneTech mold and mildew are considered as one of the best cleaners available in today’s market. This stone cleaner works best on natural stones such as marble, granite, and limestone; this means that it is ideal for use on more delicate stones. In most cases, this cleaner is used in cleaning floors around the pool area, bathrooms, and other moist places, including the kitchen.
As an individual struggling to get rid of molds and mildew that have built-up on your stone floor, then the StoneTech mold and mildew stain remover will be the best option for you. With this stone cleaner, you will be able to get rid of all stains without the use of powerful machines that might damage your soft stone.
However, when using this product, it is best to use protective gear, and you should be careful when using individuals with asthma. This stone cleaner stands to be the best for cleaning bathrooms and pathways equipped with natural stones; moreover, it best works in areas you have molds to get rid of. When using it indoors, ensure that your room is well ventilated.
Choosing the best mop for stone floors is never an easy task; however, by adhering to the tips provided in this article, choosing a mop that best suits your need will never be a challenge. You might also consider choosing a mop from one of the mops, as mentioned above since they are among the best available in today’s market. As we conclude, we hope that this article has been of great help as you look for a mop that will best suit your needs.