Last Updated on
If you have a linoleum floor having the right mop is highly essential. To clean a linoleum based tile floors, you will require special treatment along with utmost care in order to make it more durable. When you treat it in a wrong way, you might end up discoloring or make your floor slippery.
There are several mops out there that will aid in maintaining the cleanliness of your linoleum floor; however, choosing the best is a bit challenging. Therefore, in this article, we shall be taking you through some of the best mops for linoleum floors along with its buyer’s guide.
7 Best Mops For Linoleum Floors On the Market
How to Choose the Best Mop for Linoleum Floors?
Since there are various designs of mops in today’s market, choosing the one that best suits your need is a bit challenging. Therefore, we have compiled for you some of the essential aspects you will need to consider when choosing the best mop for linoleum floors.
The first thing that should come to your mind when purchasing a mop is the amount of money you are willing to spend on purchasing it. Mop prices tend to differ significantly, and they range from moderate prices too expensive ones.
The difference in prices comes as a result of different features present in a mop; therefore, you should always go for the one that best suits your need.
Curbing your carbon footprint is a vital thing to do, and you can achieve that by purchasing a non-toxic mop. This means that it does not have a negative impact on the environment. In addition to that, a nontoxic mop will aid in keeping your family safe from hazardous chemicals.
Go a mop that has several features beyond cleaning purposes. For instance, you should consider purchasing a mop that will not wear you down with fatigue during the cleaning process.
Types of Floor
When choosing mop, you should keep in mind the type of floor you have in your home. In this case, you should consider purchasing a mop best for the linoleum floor.
Assess the Reviews
It is highly recommended to assess the review of the mop you are highly interested in; this will offer you a clear sight of how effective the mop really is before making any purchase.
You should avoid relying on its advertisement since there are mops that feature an amazing look, but they fail to deliver what they promise. On the other hand, there are some mops that do not feature sleek design, but they offer incredible performance. Therefore, you should read the reviews before purchasing a mop.
When it comes to design, you should keep in mind your physical limitations as well as abilities and then go for a mop that is relatively easy to use. For instance, if you have a hard time bending over, you should go for a mop that is equipped with a wringer on the handle since it will prevent you from bending down to squeeze water.
Furthermore, you should keep in mind the weight of the mop as well as its handle length for maximum comfortability.
You do not want to purchase a new mop every single time; therefore, to avoid this, you should consider purchasing a mop designed from highly durable material. This will assure you the perfect service for an extended period before purchasing another one.
When it comes to cleaning, you will love to clean every single area on your floor. Achieving this is not that easy unless you have a mop that is relatively easy to maneuver. For maximum maneuverability, you should consider purchasing a mop with an extra-long cord or a cordless mop.
Top 7 Best Mops For Linoleum Floors Reviews
- Can be used for both wet and dry cleaning
- Versatile on multiple surfaces
- Equipped with a 360-degree industrial-grade rotating head
- Relatively light in weight, which enhances portability
- Made from durable material
- Highly affordable
- Not for tough and stubborn stains
The microfiber mop floor cleaning system is a professional commercial high-grade floor mop that is best for your apartment, home, office, dorm, basement, and bathroom, as well as a laundry room. Furthermore, this mop features an extra length, and it is light in weight.
Made from a durable aluminum alloy, a washable and reusable pad, this mop features a highly durable cleaning system. It is equipped with an extra-long and highly durable handle with various modes, including dust, dry, wet, and sweep, which makes it perfect for linoleum floors. It is equipped with 2 microfiber refills, a mop handle, a mop head, and 2 scrubbing pads.
This mop features a spinning head that rotates 360 degrees. Despite being an industrial-grade mop swivel, this mop is relatively affordable, and it is made from high-quality material.
It features a low-cost reusable mopping pad along with replacement refills and no self-wringing required. In addition to that, it features full money-back guarantee pads which fully compatible with other brands out there.
With an increase in global warming, it is highly advisable to curb your carbon footprint, and this mop has been designed to help with that. It features reusable pads, which aids in minimizing waste pollution; you can reuse these pads for approximately 100 times. This makes it the perfect greenwash mop system out there.
Additionally, Despite being made durable material, the aluminum alloy is relatively light in weight hence aids in increasing its portability.
- Grips dirt perfectly
- Perfect for sanitizing your floor
- Extra-large water tank
- For easy maneuverability, this mop is equipped with an extra-long power cable
- Relatively easy to operate with a user manual
- Very affordable as a steam mop
- The mop head is a bit small
The shark steam pocket mop features a 360-degree swivel design, which makes the cleaning process more comfortable. With this mop, you have assured the utmost cleanliness since it features modes that are purposely designed for cleaning floors made of linoleum, among other materials.
To achieve maximum cleanliness, the shark steam pocket mop produces steam when it is on-demand. In addition to that, it equipped with an 18 feet long power cord, which aids in improving maneuverability during the cleaning process.
Unlike most mops out there, the shark steam sanitizes 99.9% of the floor, leaving it sparkling clean. The best part is that it does not use harsh chemicals in sanitizing the floor, making it safe to use in a house with young ones.
For an ample supply of water during the cleaning process, a shark steam pocket mop is equipped with an extra-large water tank S3501.
- Makes cleaning process easier and fun
- It cleans deep and gets rid of tough dirt and grime with the utmost ease
- Foot pedal for wringing without hands getting wet
- Highly durable
- Amazing design
- Not appropriate for exposing to excessive sunlight
The O-cedar easy wring microfiber mop features an incredible bucket design with an in-built wringer that offers yours a hand-free wringing. Unlike most mops out there, this one has been designed to make work much easier and fun.
If you are looking for a mop that will deep clean your linoleum floor, then this one will be best for you. Equipped with microfiber, O-Cedar mop cleans deeply, and it absorbs and gets rid of some of the toughest dirt as well as grime.
O-Cedar mop is equipped with a foot pedal that has been designed to aid in activating the spin wring hence allowing moisture levels to be controlled easily. Impressively, the best part is that this mop is fully compatible with the EasyWring mop refill. In addition to that, it has a splash guard which prevents splash and spray inside the bucket while wringing.
- Great for cleaning and scrubbing floors
- Equipped with Wash and Dry Mode selector
- Easy to operate
- Features a lightweight design
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Need to bend over to push on/off button
Hoover FloorMate Deluxe hard floor cleaner is a heavy-duty mop ideal for cleaning the linoleum floor. It cleans gently and safely as it scrubs your linoleum floor surface. When compared to other mops out there, Hoover cleaner is well-known for cleaning the best.
When it comes to technology, Hoover cleaner is equipped with dual tank technology, which aids in keeping dirty and clean water separate. With this technology, you are assured never to add dirty water back on to your floor. In addition to that, it is equipped with fingerprint control, which aids in applying extra detergent on stains making it easy to get rid of them.
There are two main modes present in this mop; wash and dry. The wash mode cleans the floor using a brush; on the other hand, the dry mode uses to suction up to get rid of water from the floor. This makes the cleaning process relatively easy. Plus, weighing 14 pounds, the Hoover cleaner is relatively light in weight, making it easy to move around with it.
- Cleans faster when compared to other mops out there
- Comes with a user manual, which makes it relatively easy to operate
- Features a lightweight design making it easy to move around with during the cleaning process
- It features an incredible design
- Comfortable grip
- Might have the difficulty of cleaning corners
The Bona stone mop has been designed to aid in cleaning linoleum floor surfaces. Equipped with an extra-large mop head, this mop cleans faster by 40% when compared to most mops out there.
This mop comes fully equipped with a full-size 30 ounce Bona stone that is ready for use on the linoleum floor, among other floor surfaces. In addition to that, it comes with an easily refillable cartridge as well as microfiber cleaning pads that are washable.
Bona stone mop features a highly durable and lightweight design equipped with a secondary grip as well as flexible rubber and hook that is retractable for easier storage. Its lightweight design makes it easy to move around with it as you clean the floor. All of its features make it one of the best spray mops on the market.
- A powerful clean that cleans incredibly well
- Silent while operating
- Multiple settings for different uses
- Equipped with several functions and setting
- Best maneuverability since it is not equipped with an electric cord
- Not very durable
If you are looking for a mop that is relatively easy to operate, then this electric mop will be best for you. Gladwell mop features an ultra-thin base measuring 3 inches as well as a cordless design, the mop is relatively easy to operate, and it can be stored without taking too much space.
Gladwell mop features a handle that rotates 180 degrees providing pointless access to each space at home. When it comes to operating function, Gladwell cordless electric mop is equipped with a long-lasting battery with incredible life that will allow you to clean your floor several times before running out of power. Furthermore, it features multiple functions and setting designs with options such as mopping, waxing, and quick spraying.
Unlike most mops out there, the Gladwell electric mop cleans quietly since it is engineered to produce noise as low as 60dB, allowing you to clean in peace.
- Ideal for getting rid of contaminants
- Versatile for many types of cleaning tasks
- Sustainable and eco-friendly
- Cleans incredibly well
- Affordable price
- A bit challenging to set it up
E-cloth deep clean mop is a nontoxic mop equipped with a removable microfiber mop head that is machine washable. It is relatively light in weight since it is made from durable aluminum alloy. Its handle extends approximately 3 to 5 feet.
When it comes to cleaning, E-cloth mop features a head that gets rids of dirt, grease, and 99.9% bacteria from various types of flooring, including linoleum floor. Moreover, the head of the mop attaches quickly and relatively easy with Velcro.
Designed with high performance and reusable microfiber, the E-cloth cleans the surface of your floor with no harmful toxins making it perfect for use around kids. It reduces health risks to your family, along with the sustainability of the planet.
When you use E-cloth along with water, you will be able to get rid of 99.9% of bacteria, pollen, and mold along with other contaminants. You will be able to lock them inside the cloth fiber, and they will remain in there until you rinse the cloth.
What Types of Mop Can I Use on Linoleum Floors?
Using a mop is one of many ways of keeping your linoleum floors clean and shiny. Although they are durable floors, you must take good care of them, which will ensure they last.
When buying a mop for linoleum floors, always ensure you’re buying something durable, nontoxic, and pocket friendly and does not tire you. Below are the different types of mop that you can choose to clean your linoleum floors:
1. Steam Mop -A steam mop is a new technology that has been introduced to the market. It is a convenient and very reliable cleaning mop that makes the work of cleaning linoleum floors quite easy.
Steam mop functions by heating water inside it, which goes down a steam jet then into the mop, which then gets soaked and absorbs dirt from your linoleum floors with ease. It also kills germs and bacteria hence very sanitary.
2. Spin Mop – A spin mop is fitted with a great unique system that lets the mop spin the dirty water that has been collected for excellent cleaning of your linoleum floors. It includes a spinning system that you connect to the circular mop bucket.
The system reduces the work because it removes all the dirt from the mop entirely hence reducing cleaning time.
3. Spray Mop – Most spray mops are made of microfiber mop heads, which are absorbent and gentle on your linoleum floors. Ensure your spray mop is lightweight so that it can be easy to handle when cleaning your linoleum floors. Spray mops are adjustable hence can reach any corner of your linoleum floors.
4. Electric Mop – These types of mops are very convenient. Unlike other mops, they are operated manually, which reduces the use of your energy compared to the other types like the use of buckets, which is very convenient for your linoleum floors. It would help if you plugged it in, and it does the rest of the work.
5. Microfiber Mop – There are many benefits you get from using a microfiber mop on your linoleum floors. They reduce your working time by half and also perform multiple functions for various needs. Conserve your energy by using this type of mop on your floors.
6. Sponge Mop – If you were looking for a favorable floor for your linoleum tile, then the sponge mop is the one for you. Sponge mops are quite easy to maintain and use, as well. They come with a new mop head for replacing and a self-soaking mechanism.
7. Dry Mop – Most mops in the market are dry mops. They are needed to clean your linoleum floors fast. They are availed in different designs; hence you can buy one that best fits your linoleum floors. For the best results, buy one with microfiber because they are gentle to your floors.
8. Wet Mop – These types of mop are necessary to make sure you are living in a safe and clean environment. They are not only used for cleaning homes but also commercial buildings too.
9. Dust Mop – Dust mops are great for your linoleum floors because they don’t get wet. They are lasting and can be used for dusting your bathrooms, corridors, and even office. They are light, therefore comfortable to work with for long periods. Their head spin hence maneuvers around, making it easy to clean.
10. Cordless Mop – Batteries run these types of mops. Cordless mops are very convenient because they guarantee that one walks around comfortably while cleaning. Their batteries are rechargeable lithium batteries and last up to almost an hour. They can also adjust in length, which gives you an easy reach.
What is the Best Way to Clean Linoleum Floors?
When deep cleaning your linoleum floor you will require the following:
- Microfiber mop
- Soft-bristled brush
- Vacuum cleaner
- Baking soda
- Hot water
- Old towel
- Mild dish soap
Once you have all of the above essentials, you will have to;
- Vacuum or sweep all loose debris
- Take your baking soda and sprinkle it on the floor
- Mix one cup of vinegar, a gallon of hot water and few drops of dish soap
- Use the mixture to mop the floor and scrub using a soft-bristled brush to aid in getting rid of stubborn dirt or in areas with high traffic.
- Once you clean the entire floor, you will mop it once more with clean water to get rid of traces of baking soda as well as soap residue.
- Use old towels to dry the floor.
When performing general cleaning, you will have to;
- Use a dry microfiber mop to aid removing dust and debris within high traffic areas regularly
- It is advisable to use a vacuum cleaner or soft-bristle broom once a week to help in removing debris and dirt
- Damp-mop your floor using a mixture of a cup of vinegar, a gallon of hot water along with a few drops of dish soap
- Get rid of the mixture and then refill your bucket or sink with clean water
- Use a clean, damp mop to mop the floor once again and remove any remaining residue
- Let the floor dry thoroughly before you use and ensure that there is no remaining water on the surface of your floor
3 Top Pick Mop for Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Choosing the right mop can be challenging; however, by following the above buyer’s guide, you will be able to purchase a mop that will best suit your need. Furthermore, if you are looking for some of the best mops for the linoleum floor, we recommend you choose the one that will best suit your needs from the mops, as mentioned earlier.
The mops reviewed in this article are great, and they are relatively easy to operate. Moreover, these mops are not only effective in cleaning your floor but also they are highly affordable. Choosing a mop with a full money-back guarantee is essential, particularly for individuals who have never purchased a mop before. This makes it a safe investment.
As we conclude, we hope that this article has been of great value as you look for some of the best mops for linoleum floors.