Last Updated on
Is the spin mop similar to the standard floor mop? Well, this is a question a lot of people are asking considering spin mop has gained immense popularity over the last few years. The majority of homeowners are opting for the spin mop over the normal cleaning mobs due to various reasons. One of the reasons is that although the spin mop works just like the regular mop, it does a better job when it comes to cleaning. It is also quite convenient in terms of utility as well.
This article consists of the recommendations of the 10 best spin mop on the market and the buying guide to help you to decide.
Top 10 Best Spin Mop On The Market List
Top 10 Best Spin Mop on The Market Reviews
Here is a list of the top ten best products from which to choose. Before getting right to the products, I would like to mention that I was able to handpick each product after carefully going through several top 10 best spin mop on the market reviews. So, you can trust my picks as each is based on consumer ratings and expert feedback.
- Allows for hands-free wringing
- Let you control the level of moisture or wetness
- Keeps splashes and sprays inside the bucket during the wringing process
- Easy to use, store and move
- Sturdier and more durable than many rival products
- Takes time to get used to it
The O Cedar Microfiber spin mop with a bucket is the best overall choice when it comes to the list of the top 10 best spin mops on the market. Offering a number of incredible advantages, this product is praised by many buyers and experts alike, making it one of the best selling spin mops out there.
- Lets you clean your floor faster with less effort
- Perform even the hardest mopping tasks without straining
- Confines the splashes and sprays to the bucket
- Cheaper than other choices on the market
- Relatively sturdy and long-lasting
- Lacks a foot pedal
- Mop head fabric can be damaged by a washing machine
The Hapinnex spin mop with 2 microfiber mop heads is considered the best choice for a home spin mop that’s reliable, easy-to-use and durable. This mop can be used to clean hardwood floors and tile floors more effectively than many mops in its category.
- Easy to use with a series of plastic handles to provide maximum grip
- Easier to use than many products in its category
- Study and durable handle
- Comes with everything you need
- The microfiber mop heads are machine washable
- The microfiber material for the mop head is prone to the damage of fabric softeners and bleaches
Rated the best stainless steel spin mob kit, the Mopnado rolling spin mop perfectly cleans all types of floors, including concrete, stone, tile, hardwood, laminate, and vinyl. This spin mob set is lauded for its user-friendly, practical and durable design, making it a favorite choice for many buyers. For those who are looking for something that is going to give them value for money, the Mopnado rolling spin mob can be another incredible choice.
- Very gentle cleaning surface
- Uses a special technology known as “centrifugal” to spin a wet mop head more effectively
- Easy to maneuver due to the lightweight design
- Sturdy and durable, thanks to the stainless steel and microfiber materials construction
- Has a smaller mop head compared to other spinning mops in its class
The Hurricane spin mop is the best choice of a spin mop for hardwood flooring. Unlike other spin mop sets in its category, this spin mop set will clean rough, hard floors thoroughly, making your house cleaner just the way you like it to be. Nonetheless, this complete spin mop set for domestic mopping applications comes with the following pros and cons:
- Comes with a lightweight design and a wheeled bucket for easy mobility.
- Wringing pedal included
- The 15-inch mop handle is extendable, allowing you to mop the windows
- Cheaper compared to many products in its category
- Easy to use, care for and store
- The mop head can be damaged by fabric softeners and bleaching products
The CycloMop spin mop with wheels is the best choice for commercial use. Whether you want a heavy-duty commercial spin mop or a practical one, this is one of the top options to consider. But despite being suitable for cleaning commercial floors, it can also clean the floor of your home perfectly.
- Comes with a larger mop head for better performance
- Durable and resilient mop head which is made of a polyester
- 180-degree swivel of the mop head for mopping hard to reach areas
- Easy to use, store and move
- Relatively sturdy and durable
- Works just as promised
- The kit lacks advanced features
The Valuebox spin mop kit has been recognized in many top 10 best spin mop on the market reviews as one of the best affordable mops. Going for around $31 only, this kit will provide you with a cheaper floor cleaning solution. Despite the price, this product perks some amazing advantages including but not limited to the following. Of course, it also has a few setbacks here and there.
- Mops 50% faster than other spinning mops in its category
- Easy to use, move and store
- Incredibly practical and works great
- So versatile that it can be used in both domestic and commercial mopping/cleaning applications
- Strong and durable stainless steel mop handle and a heavy-duty plastic bucket
- Takes time to learn how to detach the bucket to save storage space
The UMIEN wringing spinning mop is an incredible self-wringing spin mop system that reduces your mopping time by half. For those who are too busy, this can be the best solution for cleaning the floor. Apart from that, it works great and in fact mops floors better than many spin mop sets in its category. If you are looking for value for money, the Umien wringing spin mop set can be a great choice.
- Takes time to get used to it
- Nonmachine washable
The Tsmine spin mop set comes with a longer handle, more mop heads, and a special wringer installed at a strategic point. This mopping kit, which comes with six extra refills can be perfect for cleaning both domestic floors and commercial ones.
- Strong and durable, thanks to the nature of materials
- Easy to move and store due to the portable design and well thought out handle
- An entire 1-year satisfaction guarantee included
- Comes with up to 3 replacement mop heads
- One of the best low-cost spin mop sets with a buying price of under $30 dollars
- Easy to use and practical
- Has a smaller mop head compared to other mops in its class
Backed by the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty, the Aootek spin mop and bucket is another reliable product to consider if satisfaction is one of your top priorities. This mop set consists of a stainless steel handle, microfiber mop head and a bucket that’s built from a solid type of plastic.
- Easy to use, move and store
- Has a cute design with smooth and sleek edges
- Protects your walls and furniture from splash and spray related stains
- Has a stronger mop handle made of stainless steel than other products in its class
- Comes with a 1-year warranty plus a 1-month no questions asked return policy
- Has a smaller bucket than other products in its class, which may mean replacing water more times than normal
Built to clean all types of floors, including concrete, stone, tile, laminate, and hardwood, the Oshang spin mop set makes cleaning your floor easier and more fun. This mop set is ideal for wet and dry usage.
Buying Guide on Purchasing the Best Spin Mop
1. What is a Spin Mop?
A spin mop is a cleaning mop equipped with a unique cleaning system. The system allows the mop to spin the dirty water collected in the bucket for excellent cleaning. The spin mop comes with the spinning system that you have to connect to the circular mop bucket. This system lessens the cleaning work since it rinses off the dirty water from the mop entirely, something you cannot easily achieve with the standard mops. The spin mop also saves time as the spin system rinses the mop pretty fast.
2. How to Choose the Best Spin Mop?
Although spin mop is preferred over the standard mop, there is no guarantee that all the models on the market can carry out the cleaning tasks efficiently. Therefore, as the consumer, there are few things that you need to consider to ensure you buy the best spin mop. Here are a few guides to help you choose the best spin mop.
Consider the size of the spin head
These mops come in different sizes of the head for customers to choose the most convenient sized cleaning head for their home. As the buyer, you need to consider the size of your house since it highly influences the choice of the spin mop head. If you have spacious rooms probably around the living room and the kitchen, a spin mop with a large head will suit you because it can easily cover cleaning large areas to save time. For small-sized rooms, maybe the bathrooms, choose a spin mop with a small head so you can easily reach under the furniture and at the corners of the room.
The type of floor
The primary material used in making the spin mop is the microfiber. But still, there are some spin mops made of scrubbing material ideal for people who may need a mop that is a bit aggressive in cleaning messes around the house.
If your floor is sensitive to abrasive cleaning devices, consider getting a mop made of micro-fiber material to ensure the floor is protected. But, if your floor is made of durable and abrasive resistant materials, then any spin mop head would be perfect for you. Check out the fabric of the mop head before buying it. You can also check out the kind of floors that the spin mop can clean before buying to see if it will work for your home.
Choose a durable and sturdy handle
The handle is bound to come into contact with wetness when cleaning, and therefore, make sure to choose a handle that is made of water-resistant material.
Most of the spin mops are made of stainless steel and aluminum that is coated with non-corrosive and rusting material. Also, ensure the handle is strong enough to handle heavy-duty cleaning jobs in the house.
Consider the bucket
Some of the things to consider when looking at the mop’s bucket are the circumference of the opening. Is it large enough to accommodate the mop when spinning?
Also, consider the size of the sprout. Choose a mop bucket that has a flexible spout for pouring out the dirty water and inserting the mop. Also, ensure the bucket has a splash guard to prevent the dirty water from spilling on the floor when or after cleaning. Generally, choose a spin mop that has a comfortable bucket to work with.
3. What Type of Floors Can be Used with the Spin Mop?
The spin mop is not compatible with all types of floors due to its cleaning system and power, But the following are some of the best floors that you can clean with a spin mop.
A spin mop works magic in cleaning tiled floors due to its cleaning power. One thing to note, though, is that the different mop head suits different types of tiles. If your house has the smooth tiles, a head made of microfiber fabric would be a perfect choice. The soft clothes ensure to clean the tiles without damaging them, considering the material is super soft. Smooth tiles are quite slippery and require excellent drying when cleaning something the microfiber spin mop head can do. Also, this head ensures to rinse off the floor without leaving any marks whatsoever.
If your home has the rough tiles, then abrasive headed spin mop can work for your cleaning. Dirt can easily stick on such tiles, which can be a bit difficult to remove with the smooth headed mop. So, the abrasive mop scrubs off the dirt and other messes off the floor without damaging it.
The spin mop can be used to clean the laminate floor because it works great in removing the excessive dirty water and other cleaning solutions on the floor. The spinning mechanism on the spin mop enables the mop to hold all the water and debris collected on the laminate floor, something other cleaning items like the sponge cannot do.
Spin mops are the best cleaning appliance to clean hard floors, especially in large homes. This is because the spin mop eliminates the need to use excessive water to clean the floor; hence, saving time and energy.
4. How Often Should I Wash the Mop Heads?
After continued use, the spin mop heads are bound to harbor a lot of dirt. If you notice that the mop is leaving some dirt marks on the floor even after rinsing, then you need to consider changing the head.
The changing time also differs depending on the type of the mop head. For example, the mops made of fiber material should be changed more times as opposed to the rough ones. The fiber material head should be replaced around 20 to 25 times of use.
Other signs include; the materials falling off, if you notice the head coming off the handle when cleaning, and if you see the mop becoming discolored. All these are some of the signs that show the mop head needs changing.
Whether you are looking for the best overall spin mop or the best mop for home usage on the market, this review has got you covered or whether you are shopping for the best stainless steel spin mop or best hardwood floor mop, still, this list has got you covered. So, which product among these do you plan to order? You may comment below and let us know your thoughts.