If you have been down the cleaning aisle recently, you might have noticed the vast selection of mops available to consumers nowadays. Sponge mops have been around for quite a while now and are gaining popularity fast for tile floor cleaning, for a good reason.
The sponge feature can scrub well and reach high, scrubbing build-up and stains.
Furthermore, sponge mops are ideal for tile floor maintenance. Sponge mops are easy to use and come in a wide variety of designs so you can choose one that meets your needs.
This article will give you a broader insight into these types of mops and a review of the best sponge mop for tile floors available in the market, so you know what to look for.
Best Sponge Mop for Tile Floors – Top 5 on the Market
Why Do You Need to Use Sponge Mop to Clean Tile Floors?
Keeping your tiled floors clean not only makes them look good but also enhance their longevity. Mops are commonly used for cleaning floors, but not all cleaners do a decent job on tiles.
Tiles are slippery and need the right material to remove the grout. Well, with the sponge mops, you need not worry anymore.
1. Able to clean tight spots
Sponge mops are very useful when it comes to cleaning tile floors. They quickly reach into tight spots that you do not easily match with other mops.
Many a time, some cleaners are forced to go down on their knees to reach some areas. With sponge mops, you can quickly get into these spots, hassle-free and this is an advantage you are sure to notice.
2. Expand the lifespan of your tile floors
Another thing is, sponge mops clean very well and are perfect for tile floor maintenance. The cleaning part of this mop works optimally, and you will not be held back in this regard. Once you take out the mop, you can be sure that the process will be useful.
3. Does not leave streaking
Moreover, sponge mops are super absorbent and do not leave any ugly scratches on your tiles. They are ideal for cleaning all types of grime, dirt, food grains, or spills.
Some sponge mops feature a built-in scrubber so you can remove the tough stains and caked-on dirt on your tiled floors. Also, they do not leave any water stains on the floors.
Reviews of the 5 Best Sponge Mops for Tile Floors
- Built-in spot scrubber
- Tear-drop hole design
- Extra absorbent cellulose sponge
- 48-inch steel handle with hang-up feature
- Durable spring-back metal hand-wringer
- Keeps your hands dry during squeezing with the plastic insert
- The handle is not adjustable
The Quickie Super Squeeze sponge mop is precisely what you need to get your floors sparkling. The cellulose sponge is well-selected thanks to its extra-absorbent characteristic.
Therefore, you can count on this mop to easily and quickly absorb the cleansers and liquids for a sufficient mopping.
The handle is made of sturdy steel and is 48 inches long so that you can easily use it to clean the hard to reach areas. It has a hang-up feature for convenient storage, is powder-coated, and features a swivel-tip grip for a better grip.
On top of that, this sponge mop is versatile in its functions – you can use it on multiple surfaces in your home, school, facilities, offices, and so on.
It features a built-in spot scrubber so you can focus on the tough spots on your floor to achieve a super clean surface. The hand-wringer is all-metal for reinforced strength and uses a spring-back mechanism for easy use.
It has a tear-drop hole design that serves to ensure quick and easy sponge wringing. The plastic insert feature conveniently keeps your hands dry during the squeezing.
2. Best Lightweight – Rubbermaid PVA Sponge Mop with Front Pull-Lever for Residential and Commercial Use
- Front pull lever
- 37-inch handle
- The lever feature quickly and easily squeezes it dry.
- The sponge mop head effectively absorbs liquids and cleansers.
- Lacks a built-in scrubber
Mop now with ease with the Rubbermaid Commercial PVA sponge mop. This functional mop is designed with a convenient front pull-lever that works to easily and quickly squeeze the mop head dry.
The integrated handle is 37 inches making this mop well suited for cleaning hard to reach areas. The length of the handle is conveniently adjustable.
The sponge is made of PVA material, which is well selected for its resistance to harsh chemicals used for cleaning. It is therefore built to last.
What’s more, this sponge mop is fitted with a sponge mop head that absorbs the cleansers and liquids quickly for a sufficient mopping. You can count on this mop to leave your tiles sparkling clean.
Also, it is conveniently lightweight for ease of use. This sponge mop is a good value for your money, given its durability, sturdiness, and sound absorbency. This mop’s high tensile strength ensures that it offers extended service use.
- Space-saving design
- Durable adjustable stainless steel handle
- Three pieces of sponge mop refills
- Mop bucket with three-chamber design
- The mop bucket with a three-chamber design serves three functions: cleaning, drying, and storing
- Lacks a scrubber
Masthome sponge mop and bucket set come as a complete kit to make washing floors and walls more effortless than ever before. It is well designed to offer super water absorption and quick-drying so you can mop your floors easily with no water stains.
The mop bucket has a three-chamber design that serves the purposes of storing, drying, and cleaning. Also, the mop’s length is conveniently adjustable with a lock switch- you can adjust it up to 23cm.
The mop has a space-saving design so you can conveniently store it in a vertical corner, so it takes up less space.
It is fitted with a high-quality soft PVA cotton that has high absorbency to clean your floors effectively. Therefore, this sponge mop and bucket set can be used with tiles, stone, laminate, vinyl, hardwood, bamboo, baseboards, drywall, and cement.
Furthermore, it is easy to clean and dry thanks to the washing groove feature that you insert the mop pole into and press up and down and the drying groove, which allows you to press the mop down till you hear a click sound.
The handle is made of durable stainless steel material for long-lasting use. The best part is, this package comes with three pieces of sponge mop refills.
- Automatic squeezing action
- The handle is long enough to reach tight spots.
- The new refill system takes seconds to replace the refill.
- Scrubber features remove tough stains for sufficient mopping.
- The sponge maintains a flexible and soft shape wet or dry.
- Only one refill in the package.
You can never go wrong with the Quickie Sponge automatic mop. This mop features a mechanical squeezing action that conveniently makes the wringing quick and easy.
Also, the handle is made of durable stainless steel for extended service use. It is 48 inches long so you can easily use it in the hard to reach areas and has a hang-up feature for storage convenience.
The sponge head is fitted with a new dry shine sponge, a dual-layered cellulose sponge that exceeds cellulose in terms of its high absorbency so you can effectively clean the floors.
Also, unlike cellulose, this sponge does not easily crack or harden. This mop is conveniently lightweight that makes it easy to use.
Another thing is, this sponge mop features a new quick-lock refill system that takes just a matter of seconds to replace the refill. Moreover, the sponge is designed to maintain a flexible and soft shape, whether wet or dry.
This sponge comes with a patented built-in scrubber that comes in handy to remove caked dirt, stubborn stains, and remove scuffs from the surfaces. The handle is powder-coated to maintain a professional look.
- 3-section pole
- Two sponge heads
- Included squeegee
- Honeycomb sponge design
- The handle is conveniently adjustable for easy use.
- The sponges are removable for cleaning and storage.
- Requires some installation
Yocada sponge mop is the ideal home or commercial tool for cleaning your floors. The package includes a water squeegee that comes in handy to clean water in a faster and easier way without causing any damage to your floor.
The telescopic handle is user-friendly and conveniently adjustable- anticlockwise screw the middle pole to adjust it to your desire. The sponge head is easy to clean as you are only required to wash it and use the trigger to squeeze out the water.
Besides that, this sponge mop comes with two different sponge heads in the box. The sponges have a honeycombed design that is more absorbent, breathable, and more comfortable to dry.
You can easily remove and install the sponge section of the mop for thorough cleaning and easy storage. The sponge is conveniently lightweight for ease of use. You can count on it to leave all your floors sparkling clean.
How to Choose the Best Sponge Mop for Tile Floors?
Given the wide range of sponge mop brands in the market, choosing an ideal mop can be quite challenging. And that is why we are here. The guide below will help you to select a suitable sponge mop for your tile floors.
The materials used to make the mop should be the first thing to look out for. Here, you need to pay keen attention since mops are made of a wide range of materials and ensure that you pick a durable sponge mop.
Some of the materials used are sturdy and resistant to wear and tear even when used on uneven surfaces, whereas others do not offer extended service use.
A right and durable material will save you from continually changing the mop’s sponge. Tear-resistant microfiber material is highly recommended.
– Cleaning needs
You need to assess whether you need the mop for deep cleaning or wiping off spillages on the floor. Once you have figured out your needs, you can easily choose the ideal mop model for your home.
Sponge mops come in a wide range of materials and styles that suit various purposes; some deep cleaning and other dusting and wiping purposes.
- For instance, sponges made of microfiber are well suited for deep cleaning since they are tear-resistant and clean fast, and efficiently.
- Those with cellulose sponges, on the other hand, are ideal for cleaning off spillages.
You are therefore advised to determine your needs before making a purchase.
– Mop handle
Sponge mops are designed with either telescope or pool handles.
- Pool handles generally offer a superior grip, so the mop does not slip off while cleaning.
- Telescopic handles not only provide a firm grip but also feature a loop for storage convenience.
For homes with limited space, telescope mops can be ideal.
Another thing is the size of the handle. Long handles or adjustable handles are ideal since they are more versatile and comfortable for cleaning.
– Wringing power
Mopping can be a little tiresome, especially when it comes to wringing the mop. A mop with an easy and fast wringing power can make the cleaning process faster and easier.
Most of the models feature a wringing mechanism on the bucket. Ensure that the mop you ultimately buy is easy to wring out, so the floors dry quickly.
Moreover, no one wants to get their hands wet, trying to wring a dirty mop. Thanks to the advancement of technology, some mops come with hands-free wringing. This feature will save you a gross step of mopping.
– Easy to use and maneuver
Mops are required to reach covered or hidden areas. The sponge mops should do just that. Ensure that you pick one with an extendable rod or rotatable head that makes it easy to maneuver. If the mop has difficult maneuverability, then you shouldn’t take the risk.
– Weight and ease of mobility
If the mop is more massive than you can manage, it will no longer be a tool of convenience rather a liability.
It should be conveniently lightweight so you can easily use it and carry it around without straining yourself. Also, the lighter the sponge mop is, the more mobile it will be.
– Do you want disposable pads?
Some dry/wet pads work just like the traditional mops. The dry mats can eliminate stains and grout, while the wet pads for liquids, dirt, and dust. However, these pads are disposable and are therefore not the best choice if you want a long-lasting head.
How to Clean Tile Floors with the Sponge Mops?
Cleaning tile floors with a sponge mop can be more comfortable and faster if you follow the steps below.
1. Use the ‘S’ pattern. Regardless of the mop you are using, ensure that you use the S pattern as this allows you to focus on a specific area and not flicking water and debris everywhere.
2. Sweep or vacuum first. Any time before you start mopping, ensure that you sweep or vacuum the floors first to get as much debris off the floor. If you clean without doing so, you will end up pushing the dirt around.
3. Mopping solution. When using the mop with a bucket of soapy water, warm water, drops of dish liquid, and drops of your favorite essential oil is highly recommended. This solution will work for all flooring surfaces. Remember that too much floor cleaner is an excellent magnet for dirt and gets sticky underfoot.
4. Don’t get wet! You need to use as little water as possible. A lightly damp mop head is ideal so keep this in mind when wringing out the mop.
5. Mop your way out of the room. It is advisable to always start on the opposite exit point corner as you mop your way out of the room.
6. Clean water. As soon as the water looks murky, you need to change it. Dirty water will swish water around and can re-deposit into the grout lines and floor seams.
7. Take it slow. Take your time mopping, and you’ll do a great job. Giving your floors the attention they need will leave them looking good and enhance their longevity.
1. Do Sponge Mops Work on Tiled Floors?
Since you cannot skip cleaning your house, particularly the tiled floors, why not make it easier and more convenient? Sponge mops offer the perfect solutions to all your cleaning worries.
They are designed with a sponge head that works to wipe clean tiled floors to perfection and leaving them spotless.
Whether it is deep cleaning or simple cleaning off spillages, you can count on sponge mops to clean efficiently. These mops are designed with long handles that enable you to reach the hard spots in your house.
They are also easy to use, given their lightweight nature and self-wringing mechanism. With sponge mops, you can enjoy the easiest cleaning spree of a lifetime.
2. Can I Use My Sponge Mop to Clean Walls?
Walls have several functions; they support floors and enclose a space. And just like the rest of the house, they tend to get dirty over time. Dust, grease stains are some of the common issues. They must be kept clean, and you need a specialized tool for that.
Yes, sponge mops can be used to clean walls. They are best suited for that purpose. The sponge can scrub well and reach high places, scrubbing stains and build up, making it ideal for wall cleaning.
Most of the models come with long handles to stretch to any part of the wall with ease.
Sponge mops are the ideal solutions and the go-for tools you can use to clean and maintain your tiled floors. These can be applied for both home and commercial use.
Sponge mops for tile floors are easy to maintain and operate. Some also come with replaceable mop heads and a self-wringing mechanism for ease of use.
Enjoy sparkling clean tile floors with these sponge mops.