Most houses in your home have windows. Windows are used for various purposes such as lighting and ventilation. You may be cleaning the windows in your home to make them look clean. However, there are certain stains, dirt, and bacteria that normal cleaning even with chemicals may not remove. These stubborn elements may cause allergic reactions in you and your loved ones.
If you want to get rid of these stubborn elements, you will need a steam cleaner for windows. Steam cleaner for windows uses normal water which is affordable and eco-friendly. The steam clean will produce steam that is more than 100°C, which will remove any stubborn element on your window easily.
In this article, we have provided you with detailed information on the factors that you should consider before purchasing a steam cleaner for windows, the best steam cleaners for windows with essential features, and many more.
Can You Use a Steam Cleaner to Clean Windows?
Yes, you can use a steam cleaner to clean windows.
No solutions are needed. Steam cleaners only use ordinary water for cleaning windows. Therefore no chemicals are involved. There are chemicals that may react and affect your windows and since no solutions are needed, you will not have to worry about this.
Steam cleaners sanitize and use them to clean your windows. The steam produced by steam cleaners is around 100°C. At 100° C, all the stubborn bacteria in your windows will be easily removed hence leaving your windows safe and clean. Additionally, since germs, bacteria and other stubborn stains can be easily removed by steam at 100°C, using a steam cleaner will not require much effort like other cleaners.
Steam cleaners are environmentally friendly. Since steam cleaners use boiled water to sanitize and get rid of dirt in windows, it is safe for you, your kids, and pets, and there will be no allergic reactions.
Steam cleaners can easily remove both water and oil-based stains from your windows. There may be allergens and pollen trapped in your windows, steaming will help in removing them.
Using steam cleaners to clean your windows is quicker and will save you money since you will only need to use tap water.
Why Canister Steam Cleaners Are Ideal for Windows?
Canister steam cleaners are ideal for windows in your home because of the following:
They are easy to handle and extremely efficient. Using canister steam cleaners is quite easy hence making them ideal for cleaning delicate surfaces like windows.
When you purchase canister steam cleaners, versatile accessories are included. The accessories include can be used in cleaning various surfaces including windows.
Canisters are a bit lighter compared to other steam cleaners. Since most windows are a bit high, you will need lightweight cleaners to easily get rid and sanitize your windows hence making canister steam cleaners ideal. Besides, most canister steam cleaners are portable. They come with carrying handles or wheels that you can use to easily move about your house while cleaning different windows.
Canister steam cleaners have sizable tank capacity. With the sizable tank capacities in canister steam cleaners, you may only need to heat the water once and use it to steam clean most windows in your home.
Here is the best-selling canister steam cleaner to save effort when carrying around!
SF-370WH Canister Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner
Having this steam cleaner in your home will ensure you have an easy time cleaning all the windows in your home. SF – 370 steam cleaner is from Steamfast. This steam cleaner has remarkable features that will make window cleaning in your home very easy.
Features and benefits
- 1500W steam power. It will ensure that all the stubborn dirt and stains in your windows are removed easily. Additionally, the steam produced by this canister is more than 200°F and at this temperature, all the bacteria and stubborn stains on your window will be killed easily.
- 15-foot power cord and 6.5-foot hose. You will use this to easily clean the windows that are hard to reach.
- 48-ouce tank. This large capacity tank takes only 8 minutes to heat up. Once heated you will use it nonstop for up to 45 minutes. This will allow you to clean multiple windows in your home without constant refilling.
- 15 versatile accessories. Squeegee, jet nozzle and scrub tools are among the versatile included that you can use to clean the windows in your home.
- 100% chemical free. The steam cleaner only uses water which is eco-friendly. Therefore you will not have to worry about any chemical-related infections while cleaning.
- Integrated cord wrap. This will enable easy storage of the power cord after use.
- Steam on-demand button. This will enable you to control the steam released while cleaning the windows in your home.
- This will make it easy for you to move the cleaner around while cleaning your windows
Things to Consider Before Buying a Steam Cleaner
1. Windows type.
The most important factor that you should consider before purchasing a steam cleaner for your window is the window type. There are windows that may crack when steamed due to the difference in temperatures inside the house and outside.
Additionally, there are types of windows that may get damaged when you steam them. Window types mounted on surfaces or walls with water-based paints should not be steam cleaned. If your window is also mounted on porous surfaces like cardboard or bamboo, you should not steam clean.
However, if you have other types of windows and they are mounted in excelled places, you can steam clean them.
2. Windows size.
The size of the windows that you are going to steam clean is also essential. This is because it will affect the size of the cleaning pad in your steam cleaner.
If you have a large window without any separations, you will need a steam cleaner with a large cleaning pad for effective cleaning. If your window is divided into smaller segments, you will need a smaller cleaning pad to cover the smaller spaces for effective cleaning.
We’ve picked this steam cleaner to cover a large window to save your time!
MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaner for Large Windows
MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaner is a remarkable steam cleaner from Vapamore. This steam cleaner is equipped with remarkable features that will ensure you have an easy experience cleaning lager windows and other surfaces in your home.
Features and benefits
- 1500W heating element. This will the steam cleaner to heat up faster and easy removal of the stubborn stains, bacteria, and other germs from your windows.
- 210°F -220°F. The cleaner produced high-temperature steam of over 100°C which will help in easy removal of dirt and other unwanted particles from your windows.
- This is one of the included attachments during purchase. You will use it to easily clean your windows.
- Chemical-free cleaning. The steam cleaner only uses tap water and no chemical for cleaning windows. This is eco-friendly hence you will not have to worry about getting infected by chemicals while cleaning.
- 6-liter stainless steel tank. The large capacity tank will enable you to clean multiple windows without having to refill.
3. Tools come with a steam cleaner.
Another essential factor that you should consider before purchasing a steam cleaner for your windows are the attachments or included accessories included.
The tools included with the steam cleaner are suitable for cleaning various surfaces. The best steam cleaner for windows should come with a squeegee, scrubbing brush, cleaning pads, and a powerful jet nozzle for directing the steam flow as you clean your windows.
Try this heavy-duty steam cleaner with all tools for easy work!
KeLDE Multi-Pupose Steam Cleaner with Tools
If you are looking for a steam cleaner with magnificent features for easy window cleaning then KeLDE Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner is an excellent choice. The amazing features in this steam cleaner will ensure you have a comfortable experience cleaning windows and other surfaces in your home.
Features and benefits
- 5 PSI. At this pressure, you will be able to remove all the stubborn dirt and stains on your windows easily.
- Fast heating. It only takes a minute for the steam cleaner to heat up to 100°C. With fast heat up, you will not have to wait for long. Besides, the steam heats up to 100°C and at this temperature, all the stains, bacteria, and other dirt will be easily removed.
- Window/ Tile squeegee. You will use this accessory to easily clean the windows in your home.
- Adjustable knob. This will enable you to control the amount of steam released while cleaning your windows.
- Intelligent automatic adjustment and reminder. The automatic shut-off will help in preventing the cleaner from overheating. When the water level is low, there will be a red light flash. The low energy mode will ensure that the steam cleaner turns off automatically when it remains dormant for up to 5 minutes.
- 8 ft. steam hose and 6 ft. power code length, this will enable you to easily clean hard-to-reach windows in your home.
- Carry handle and wheels. This will help you to easily move the steam cleaner around while cleaning the windows in your home.
4. Cord length.
The cord length is also important. The cord length will be essential when you want to clean windows that are not easily reachable. Some windows such as the dormers, clerestory, lantern, gable, ventilators, skylights, and many more may be mounted in places that are hard to reach.
Additionally, they may be placed far from the power source. Therefore, the cord length will help in bridging the gap between the power source, the steam cleaner, and the nozzle where you have attached the attachment for cleaning your windows. If your windows are located far from the power source then a long cord will be needed.
Despite steam mops being corded, it can be tiring to be moving a long distance to connect it to the power source when you want to heat the water again.
We’ve picked a powerful steam cleaner with a long cord to reach a far distance for you.
McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner with Long Cord
McCulloch has been making premium quality steam cleaners over the years. Therefore, it has become one of the reputable brands globally. McCulloch MC1275 is equipped with amazing features that will ensure you have a hassle-free experience cleaning the windows in your home.
Features and benefits
- 1500watts steam power. This will enable you to remove the stubborn stains and dirt in your window within a short time.
- Powerful jet nozzle. You will use this to focus the steam flow to release dirt on your windows.
- 48-ounce water tank. With this large capacity tank, you will be able to clean multiple windows without having to refill the tank. This will save you time.
- 5-inch squeegee. You will use this included accessory to easily clean your windows.
- Caster wheels. This will enable you to easily move the steam cleaner around while cleaning your windows.
- 15-foot power cord and 9-foot steam hose. This will make it easy for you to easily clean the hard to reach windows in your house.
There are other factors that you should put into consideration. They include the water tank capacity. Water tank capacity will determine the duration it takes before refill.
If you have many windows in your home, you should get a larger tank capacity steam cleaner to eliminate the need of topping it up regularly.
Additionally, the rate at which the steam cleaner releases steam under pressure is known as a steam expenditure. It will determine the time it will need to remove stubborn stains from your window surface.
Choose Dupray steam cleaner at a lower price but still enjoy the nice performance!
Affordable Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner to Save Money
Dupray is one of the leading brands globally when it comes to the construction of premium quality steam cleaners. This steam cleaner is specially designed with outstanding quality and features that will help you clean the windows and other surfaces in your home without any hassle.
Features and benefits
- 50 PSI steam. The stream pressure produced by this steam cleaner will easily get rid of any stubborn dirt and stains from your windows. Besides, the steam produced is up to 275° F and at this temperature, up to 99% of stubborn bacteria and germs in your window will be killed.
- 16-inch power code and 6.60- inch hose. This will enable you to easily clean the hard-to-reach windows in your home.
- 1600ml tank. Once heated, you will be able to use the steam in this large capacity tank to clean multiple windows in your home without refilling.
- Steam lock. This will enable steam cleaning of various windows continuously.
- 17-piece versatile kit. One of the accessories included is a window tool that you can use to easily clean the windows in your home.
- Built-in funnel. This will make refilling the tank easier.
- Smooth-rolling wheels. This will help you to move the steam cleaner easily around your home while cleaning windows.
Can You Use a Steam Cleaner on Double Glazed Windows?
Double glazed windows are double-paned. Yes, you can use a steam cleaner on this type of window. Steam cleaners come with attachments such as the squeegee that you can use for steam cleaning double glazed windows in your home.
Will a Steam Cleaner Crack Windows?
A steam cleaner may crack your windows. This incident may happen when it is cold outside. Therefore, you are advised to do a few passes with the steam cleaner from a distance to warm up the window or to bring the inner temperature and the outside temperature to be almost the same before you start steam cleaning.
How to Use a Steam Cleaner to Clean Windows?
First, prepare the window area and steam cleaner.
Start by placing a rug under the window that you want to steam clean to prevent water from spilling everywhere and even staining your carpet. Additionally, you should fill your steam cleaner with the recommended amount of water and plug it into the power source. Wait for the water to heat up.
Second, heat the surface and loosen the grit.
If it is cold outside, give the window a brief blast from afar to evenly warm it up; otherwise, thermal stress may cause it to break. On days when it is really chilly, avoid steam washing your windows. Apply a preliminary blast of steam to loosen the grit and heat the oils. Use vertical strokes to apply steam to the window from top to bottom. Apply steam to the entire glass surface of the window.
Third, squeegee the water.
Use the squeegee attachment to get rid of the vapor that has condensed into the water on the surface of your glass windows. The condensed water is dirty since it may contain grime, oil, and many other contaminants.
Fourth, wipe the frames.
Using a clean cloth, wipe all the accumulated water from the window sill and around the frames. All of the surplus water should have been collected by the towel you set down in step one, keeping your walls and floors clean.
Last, wipe the last drops and streaks.
Although most of the water has evaporated, there may still be a few drips or a stain on the glass. Using a dry microfiber towel or cloth, wipe all water off the window. Wipe in a circular motion until all the liquid is absorbed for the best effects.
Having a clean home is essential to your health. one of the gears that will help you when it comes to eliminating stubborn elements from your window is the steam cleaner. With a steam cleaner in your home, you will have an easy time creating a safety and healthy surrounding for you and your loved ones.