Last Updated on
Are you looking for the best steam mop for hardwood floors? Well, perhaps you have just completed furnishing your room and installing hardwood floors and is wondering how to maintain it clean.
The hardwood floor is a very absorbent material. Exposure to water makes it mold, twist and warm. It destroys it with time.
Well, steam mop for hardwood floors is the solution to this problem. It is designed to use water heated to a very hot vapor to clean and disinfect your hardwood floor. The hot vapor eliminates all germs on the wooden floor clearing all from the cracks.
Top 10 Best Steam Mop for Hardwood Floors Reviews
Let’s see the 10 best steam mop for hardwood floors in depth.
- Lightweight and simple to use
- Smart set digital steam control to enhance efficiency and comfortability when using it
- High capacity water tank
- Easy to fill
- A long extension cord
- Fragrance disc enables you to deodorize your room
- Easy to use
- Short on additional features
BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mob tops the list with its outstanding qualities. It is packed with a variety of special features. It is a handy tool to keep your wooden floors very clean and in comfortable conditions.
- A 23-foot power cord
- Comes with one microfiber soft pad, a single microfiber pad, two spring breeze fragrance discs, and a carpet glider
- It has a power rating of 1500 Watts
- 12 inches wide mop head
- Lightweight and maneuverable
- Sturdy construction
- Easy to store and use
- Balanced if you want to use it handle held
- Adjustable steam level settings
- Completely chemical-free
- Child and pet safe
- They have to be washed after use
Do you want to kill up to 99.9% of germs on your wooden floor without using chemicals? PurSteam Hardwood Steam Mop is the ideal wooden mop. It has 30 seconds heat-up time putting it at a high profile as a wooden steam mop.
It is well balanced when you want to use it as a handle held. This mop can do all the cleaning for your room from cleaning bathroom tiles, kitchen tops, curtains and plenty – all done powerfully and most efficiently.
The steam mop has 3 level steam settings that give a wide cleaning path while equally reducing hot spots and focuses the steam on the right spots on your wooden floor.
- 3 adjustable modes enabling you to suitably turn steam level to work needs
- A large capacity of about 340 ml of tap water
- Clear instructions
- Weighs 2.2 pounds
- No batteries required
- Therma Pro 211 included
- Easy to set up and get started
- Pet mode for pet’s messes
- Avoid your hands from getting dirty
- Comes with everything you need
- Great for all hard floors
- The machine head is a bit small but enough
If you have an issue with your pets, then this is the ideal steam mop for hardwood. This mop allows you to vacuum up pet hair and dirt and steam clean your wooden floor.
With its natural powers steam from this mop helps to sanitize your floor eliminating more than 99.9% of germs on the wooden floor.
- Comes with 1 microfiber soft pad, 1 microfiber scrubby pad, detachable mop pad tray, detachable Steam boost tray, and 4 Swiffer BISSELL Steam boost disposable pads
- 12.8 oz water tank capacity
- Steam function, vacuum function, and pet mode
- Weighing 10.6 pounds
- Dry tank technology
- Very long cord for convenient cleaning
- Chemical-free cleaning
- Sanitizes with either side
- Great for hardwood floors and use on kitchen floors
- Very affordable price
- Heats up quickly making it too hot to handle sometime
- Takes some time to fill up the water container
Shark steam mob comes with Swivel Steering XL Water Tank. This mop is chemical-free making it very environmentally friendly. It comes with Swivel steering.
The mop has the longest cord that enables you to clean those areas out of reach in your homes and rooms. It helps you to avoid causing streaks on your hardwood floors as in the case of scrubbing.
- Weighs 4.87 pounds
- A volume of 3.15 fluid ounces
- A steam pocket mop and a rectangular mop head
- Fast and efficient
- Easily heats up in less than 30 seconds and equally dries very fast
- Has a flexible handle with a 360-degree rotation allowing easy operation and maneuvering along the edges and corners of the wooden floors
- No batteries required
- Replacements are required for its parts with continued use
Everything is all about quality and power. This steam mop is very powerful and comes with Swivel steering allowing for easy maneuver on corners during cleaning.
- An automatic steam control; enables the user to adjust preferably to the right steam levels
- Square shaped allowing for easy maneuvering around corners of the wooden floor to ensure maximum sanitation and cleanliness of the floor
- Has a smart 2.0 sensor
- Weighs 4.1 pounds
- Due to its long hose, it can be used to clean almost every part of the room
- A large tank capacity combating the problem of refilling it during cleaning
- Comes with many attachments, suiting a wide array of cleaning tasks
- Easy to control the steam using trigger switch
- Works on all surfaces
- Has a retractable handle
- Relatively heavy and bulky due to its large tank capacity
As its name suggests, this cool steam mop is very neat and stylish with a wide array of functions. Talk about cleaning even the sofa sets at your home. This mop does it all.
- A generous 1.6-liter water tank. This solves the problem and frustrations of refilling it time and again
- A 4.9-meter cord with a 2-meter hose enabling you to clean almost every part of your room including walls and kitchen tops
- Powerful 1500w, heating steam to high temperatures.
- 1500 Watts heating system
- A long 2m hose
Customized digital touch controls make it easy to use
Easy to change and replace mop pads
Ensures 99.9% sanitization in a chemical-free manner
Vacuums and cleans floors at the same time
It does not clean grout
Are you looking for a steam mop to vacuum and clean your floors at the same time? Bissel All-in-one vacuum and steam mop is the best solution for you. It has an exclusive Drop-IT Tank Emptying System which prevents your hard from getting dirty.
- Easy touch digital controls for steam function and vacuum faction
- Comes with a microfiber soft pad and a detachable mop pad tray
- Designed with dry tank technology to keep moisture out of the tank while cleaning this ensures that the debris inside remains dry
- A powerful cyclonic vacuum
- Washable microfiber pads
- Weighs 9.74 lb
- A water tank capacity of 12.8 oz
- A one-demand steam control
- Clears all grease and grime leaving out no chemicals, residues or dirt
- Easy to use as maneuvering it over the wooden floor is easy
- Easy to refill taking a short time
- Lightweight and compact
- Affordable as it is relatively cheap
- It can be dangerous to children if kept recklessly
This, too, is a chemical-free sanitizer for wooden floors. it comes with a large water tank capacity with varying household conditions and results.
- Water capacity of 12.68 fluid ounces
- Weighs 4.6 pounds
- Comes with 2 dirt grip pads and an adjustable water tank
- Safe to use and pet-friendly
- Guaranteed sanitation to satisfaction
- Multifunctional and it can be used to clean almost every part of the room
- Easy to assemble
- Washable heads
- Long cord
- Affordable price
- The design of the handle is just ok
- The water tank is a bit small
This is an easily detachable handle held steam mop for handling hardwood floors sanitization. It is multifunctional. You can use it to clean the floors, tiles, to refresh your house curtains and carpets.
- Unique triangular shape, which enables it to reach even the hard-0toreach areas of your room.
- Comes with two pads and 3 little scrubbers
- Weighs 6.3 pounds
- Measures 27.9 by 10.4 by 4.4 inches
- Three stem levels enable you to adjust the steam power appropriately during use
- Reusable cleaning pads
- Easy to use since it has good maneuvering ability
- Easily and efficiently cleans the edges of the wooden floors and the corners as well
- A 22-foot power cord has a sufficient length
- Heads up quickly
- The water tank could be a bit larger
This is an ideal tool to maintain flooring without resorting to hard scrubbing. This upright floor
Steamers give you a nice and cool mix of power and convenience with cool blasting functions and its flexible cleaning pad.
- Comes with 3 steam levels from which you can choose depending on the cleaning role
- Steam blaster function
- Weighs 5.7 pounds
- 22” length cord
- Water capacity of 220 ml
- Genius head with direct steam channeling
- Comes with blaster technology
- Customized touch technology
FAQs about Best Steam Mop for Hardwood Floors
To totally get rid of dirt and germs from the floors, it is important that you make use of steam mops. These are cleaning apparatus that make use of steam to eliminate the dirt from off the floors rather than detergents as is the norm with many other apparatus of their kinds.
They are subsequently faster and deliver more enduring outcomes within the shortest time possible. To be able to find and make good use of these apparatus, you definitely must receive appropriate guidance to that end. Our discussions here below endeavor to do just that. Read on to find the necessary inspiration.
1. What is a Steam Mop?
A steam mop is a special kind of mop that employs steam to disinfect the surfaces and rid the same of all dirt, grime, dust, and other contaminants. Unlike your standard mops, this one does not require the use of detergents or disinfectants to eliminate the dirt and stated problems.
This kind of mop comprises a microfiber pad that is placed directly underneath the steam jet. It is the pad that traps dirt and makes the task of cleansing your floors and surfaces a hassle-free undertaking. The item also comprises a water tank that furnishes the steam.
2. How does a Steam Mop Work?
A steam mop generally works by heating the water that is contained in the tank. The heating temperature goes to around 120°C. Upon attaining this temperature rating, the steam mop emits the heat output through a series of jets. It is these jets that avail the vapor to the precise surfaces that are to be cleaned.
This steam that is generated by the mops does dampen the microfiber pads. In this way, they loosen and eliminate the stains and dirt from off surfaces. While at it, they also kill bacteria and other harmful germs that may be present on the floors.
Upon furnishing the steam to the floors, it breaks the dirt to make the same easier to eliminate and wipe off. Thanks to the use of steam, these mops do not leave behind any residues that may inflict or leave behind some ugly sights after the same has dried.
3. How to Choose the Best Steam Mop for Hardwood Floors?
To be able to select the most appropriate steam mop for hardwood floors, you have to factor some issues and considerations. Below are some of the things you should be on the lookout for:
This refers to the amount or level of power that the steam mop generates. It is designated in Watts. There is a direct correlation between this power output and the efficacy of the machine altogether. Thus, you have to insist on that one which is able to yield the highest levels of power.
Ease of Maneuverability
In the course of your operations, you have to move these mops out and about the desired area. For this to happen smoothly, the mop has to be packed with tons of maneuverable features. Chief among these is the swivel head, agile stance, and a flexible handle.
Other than being easier to maneuver out and about a desired area of use, these mops should also be user-friendly. This simply means that they have to be easier to comprehend and engage. As a matter of fact, you should find that one which is easily operable at the touch of a button.
Almost all steam mops derive their power from the mains electricity. They rely on a cord to channel the flow of power from the mains socket to the appliance. It is important that this cord be long enough to allow for an extended range of motion.
On the other hand, you can choose a cordless mop for the convenience as well.
Accessories and Extras
For your added peace of mind and vitality, the gadget you pick has to be able to accommodate many extras and accessories. These are cleaners, mops, pads, and many other attachments. While at it, you also have to be able to master and engage the gadget as per your own skill.
Mop Pad Construction
You have to factor also the mop pad construction as well. By ‘construction’ we mean the materials, technology, and the design that is employed to make the entire structure up.
The best mop on the basis of this consideration ought to be strong, flexible, and able to endure harsher impacts.
Before the same gadgets can deliver on their tasks and chores, they have to heat up. Though this is inevitable, the time should nevertheless be shorter. This is to allow you to enjoy the benefits that come along without having to wait for too long.
These items, as we have already said, have tanks that contain tanks that are heated to generate the steam output. The tanks differ in capacity. It is important that you pick and use a tank that is larger and spacious enough to be able to impact the entire area you are intent on cleaning.
Like any other piece of equipment, these apparatus also come in diverse weights. For your own convenience, you want a mop that is light enough to carry and haul around. That may only be guaranteed if you pick that one which is manufactured using equally light materials.
Size of Cleaning Area
You also have to factor the size of the cleaning area. A larger area requires similarly larger and more comprehensive cleaning equipment. For this to happen, the tank has to possess a larger carrying capacity. Be sure though that the equipment is not too bulky to impede your free movements.
This is a very important factor, particularly if you have a larger home or multiple stories. There are a number of reasons why you need to consider this:
Larger homes require a larger water tank. If you choose a machine with a tank that’s too small for your needs, you’ll find yourself wasting time running back and forth just to refill.
People with smaller homes, or even those that intend to clean a smaller area, will find most cord lengths acceptable. However, in the case of a larger cleaning area, finding a machine with a cord long enough to do multiple rooms without unplugging will be much easier and less time-consuming.
A larger mop surface will also clean more floors at once, which is great if you have a large amount of surface to cover.
Type of Floor Surface
Other than the size of the cleaning area, the kind of the floor surface also counts. How you clean a hardwood floor, for instance, differs from how you would take on the cement floor. This requires that you assess your own expectations before going to match the mop with the surface at hand.
Available Settings and Controls
To engage the apparatus, you have to employ a set of controls and settings. These controls differ significantly from one mop to another one.
It is definitely in your best interest to settle for those controls that are easier to comprehend and finally make do with.
4. How Should I Clean My Hardwood Floors?
Step I: Clean the floors
Start off by cleaning the floors you are just about to mop. The purpose of this is to eliminate all the finer dust particles. Follow this by sealing any cracks that may trap the fibers of the mop as you clean your surfaces.
Step II: Prep the steam mop
Move ahead now to prep the steam mop. This is something you do principally by filling the water canister and a pH neutral cleaning solution. Go ahead to position the mop strategically in readiness for cleaning.
Step III: Position the filter and the mop
Now, you have to check to be sure that the filter is clean before setting out to clean out your floor. While at this stage, place the canister firmly in a position to let it heat the water and convert the same to steam.
Step IV: Trigger the cleaner to release the steam
With everything set firmly in place, this is the time for you to trigger the cleaner to do its work. How you do this typically varies greatly from model to model. In many models, you will have to push it forward to release the steam. This you follow with pulling it back to spread the steam across the floor.
Step V: Impact the entire area wholly
Start cleaning from one corner of the room. Thereafter, move to the other corner. To this repeatedly until the entire length and breadth of the room are wholly impacted. For more enduring impacts, you have to make several passes atop a floor surface.
Steam mops are very handy when it comes to the elimination of germs and managing faster cleaning outcomes. You hence can never gamble with your search and subsequent use of the same. It is against this backdrop that we reiterate the need to look for the most appropriate one diligently.
Our reviews and guide above, by all means, provides the much-needed starting point for you. We urge you to look at it keenly and adhere to every recommendation we have put forth there. Is it not wise of you to move with haste and implement the insight you have received?