Every floor type has a way of maintenance. It is essential to identify the floor type of your home to keep it shining. When you maintain your floor tiles with an intelligent cleaning guide and gentle hand, it keeps grout and tiles attractive. Tiles come in different shapes, colors, and sizes; they beautify the floor and walls in the house. Therefore, it is ideal for keeping its beauty via maintenance.
Here are points to look out for in this article.
- How to clean dirty ceramic or porcelain tile floors?
- How to clean tile grout?
- How to make your tile shine again?
- How to clean mold tile in the bathrooms?
- How to clean greasy kitchen tiles?
How To Clean Dirty Ceramic Or Porcelain Tile Floors?
Tile floors are known to be durable, yet, there are particular ways of caring for each type of tile. Porcelain and ceramic floor tiles are reasonably low in maintenance. Here are tips for cleaning dirty ceramic and porcelain floor tiles.
Clean up debris.
It is best to vacuum or dry-clean your tile floor often. It will keep the tile from getting dull. Ceramic tiles are resistant to dirt; although, grit and sand can make their surface dull.
Use the right mop.
It is not ideal to use a sponge mop on tiles. You can clean with water, mild detergent, and a rag. The sponge mop will spread dirt in the grout lines; this will make it difficult to clean. Instead, you can choose dust mops for tiles. Try to change your mopping water frequently to avoid a foggy floor.
Look out for stain on the tiles.
It is best to consider the type of element that caused the blemish before choosing the suitable cleaner to get the stain off.
Take note of soap residue.
When you are through cleaning, and the tile still looks foggy, it implies there is residue. You can use a homemade cleaner with a bit of acid or a no abrasive multipurpose cleaner.
Dry the tile.
Do not air-dry; the water retained will form spots. It is essential to dry your floor with a clean cloth after mopping.
How To Clean Tile Grout?
The only way you can keep your tiles shiny is by cleaning the grout. Grout absorbs grease and stains. These stains make the grout different to clean.
- Grout is porous.
- Tools for cleaning grout.
- Grout-cleaning brush
- Electric floor washer
- Old toothbrush/ stiff nylon brush
- A small chisel
- A steamer and microfiber cloth.
Materials for cleaning grout
It would help if you had an oxygen bleach or a mixture of lemon juice, white vinegar, or baking soda to clean grout. Although the bleach solution is the best to use, it requires less energy to scrub.
Tips for cleaning tile grout
Prepare DIY grout cleaner. The homemade cleaner is best to clean grout. Avoid commercial cleaners. You can mix water with baking soda to get grout off.
It’s best to apply the homemade cleaner overnight using a scrub brush or spray bottle. Scrub it off at dawn with a stiff nylon brush.
Keep stains off by applying a silicone-based sealer.
How To Make A Dull Tile Shiny And White Again?
The sight of your floor tiles might be irritating when it is dull and full of tile grout. Things that make a shiny tile dull.
- Exposing the tiles to dust, dirt, water, and any liquid spill daily will dull your tile.
- Inadequate ventilation will result in moisture which can cause mildew and mold.
- Porous grout will absorb spills easily and make your tile dull.
- A build-up of soap residue from bathing or showering and mopping will also dull your tile.
Steps To Make Your Floor Tile Shiny Again
Follow these steps to shine your tiles:
- Vacuum or dry-clean your floor daily. It will help to remove dirt and dust; it also helps to note stains and remove them.
- When your tiles do not have many stains, use warm water to clean them.
- Dry the floor with a dry cloth or mop after wet cleaning.
- You can clean heavy stains on your tile with a commercial cleaner made for tiles.
- Use a floor brush to remove the stains.
Tips To Clean Mold Tiles In Bathrooms?
Bathroom tiles lose their shiny gaze due to daily exposure to soap scum, dirt, and water spots. To restore the tiles, use a heavy-duty or natural treatment.
For heavy-duty treatment, spray your furniture polish over the surface, and scrub with a microfiber cloth. Do not use the polish on tub floors and showers.
For natural treatment, spray the tile surface with baking soda, and sweep it off to deodorize and clean at the same time. It is essential to wear gloves to avoid skin damage.
How To Clean Greasy Tile Floor In Kitchen?
Stains occur mainly in kitchens because of the use of cooking oil and other liquids. Let’s consider tips to get grease off your kitchen tiles.
- Sweep the floor.
- Mix degreaser and anti-slip cleaner to remove grease from the tile surface.
- Mix 300ml strong bleach with seven liters of clean water; allow it to air-dry.
- Scrub the tile with a stiff brush using the above-mixed solution. After brushing, mop the tile again to remove cleaning residue.
- Treat the tile surface. It is essential to treat your tile to protect and keep it slip-resistant. It is necessary because of the degreaser and detergent used to remove the grease. You can treat the floor once a month.
- Be calm. When you don’t get the desired result immediately, take your time to repeat the process regularly.
Is Vinegar Good For Cleaning Tile Floors?
Yes! Vinegar is very effective for the removal of grease and stains from your tiles. When vinegar dries, it gives a neutral and fresh scent. It is a multipurpose cleaner; it goes with any tile.
How Often Do I Clean My Tiles?
It is essential to dry-clean your tile daily. But, when it comes to wet cleaning or mopping, weekly or bi-weekly cleaning will be fine. It will help you keep your floor tiles shiny.
Cleaning tiles is not as hard as you think, follow the tips and guides above, you may get a great cleaning result. And choosing the right mop is also important, Click here to see more mops for tiles.