Mops are a necessary cleaning supply to have for most homes across the nation. There are many different brands and types out there, although there is one that stands out for the standard household. That brand is O-Cedar; they make high-quality mops that come in a variety of styles and types while being budget-friendly and durable.
They will last a long time and are made from eco-friendly materials that can be reused. In the following article, we will be going over the top 7 mops from O-Cedar, as well as provide a comprehensive buying guide for your reference.
- Quick Pick
The top 4 products we highly recommendations for you. You will never go wrong with them!
Great cleaning tool and offers scrubbing bristles for hard floorings: O Cedar Easywring Spin Mop
Long-lasting motor that can be extended and repeated use: O Cedar ProMist Max Spray Mop
High-quality microfiber and chenille for an efficient cleaning routine: O Cedar Dual Action Flip Mop
Why Choose an O Cedar Mop?
There are various reasons why you would want to choose an O-Cedar mop for your personal use when cleaning your floors.
1. They are a well-known brand name that has gained a reputation for being trustworthy and making quality products that help with the cleaning process.
2. Unlike other companies, the mop heads that O-Cedar produces are eco-friendly and can be reused several times before needing to be replaced.
3. When they get dirty, they can be tossed into the washing machine and cleaned, and are easy to replace and use again. O-Cedar mops are also known for being extremely lightweight and easy to maneuver.
4. Most of the models and styles come with a telescopic handle that can be either extended or retracted to fit your needs. This adds another level of function and makes storing the mops incredibly easy and space-saving.
5. In addition to the reasons listed above for why you would want to purchase and use a mop from O-Cedar, they are very budget-friendly options that work just as well as more expensive models. Generally, they will cost far less than other name brand mops and cleaning supplies, while they can function the same.
That said, they are excellent cleaning tools, and force should not be needed when using them, as they will be able to clean your hard flooring surfaces with ease.
Types of O-Cedar Mops
Several types of mops are available on the market from O-cedar, and they all make great cleaning tools that will help you with both routine and deep cleaning.
The main types of mops will be sponge mops, wringable mops, dry mops, and wet/dry mops. In the following section, we will be going over these types of mops in detail.
1. Sponge Mops
As the name implies, these mops from O-Cedar will have a thick sponge as the mop head and often will have scrubbing bristles located up on the handle a little higher.
These mops are both durable and versatile, being capable of cleaning a wide range of hard flooring surfaces. The sponge is great at holding on to cleaning solution for a deeper clean, and can easily be wrung out with the mechanism on the handle.
These are simplistic in design and function well for their intended purpose. However, unlike some other O-Cedar products, you are not able to wash the sponge and reuse them. That means that once they have been well used, you will need to get a replacement sponge and attach it to the mop head.
2. Traditional Wring Mops
Traditional wring mops will almost always have a bucket that is included in the purchase. These buckets are designed to work in conjuncture with the wring mop and have a section at the top to do so.
Additionally, they will generally have a foot pedal or some type of mechanism to easily wring out the mop while in use.
These mops are great cleaning tools to have in your arsenal for a wide range of flooring and messes. They can be used with either a cleaning solution or simply water and will be made from microfiber material, or a blend.
Unlike sponge type mop heads, the microfiber mops can be washed in the washing machine and reused. It should be noted however that they will need to be replaced at some point. This will all be determined by how frequently they are used, and the amount of dirt and grime that is accumulated.
3. Dry Mops
Dry mops can technically be used as wet mops as well, but they are much better suited for picking up dust and dirt, and not mopping the floor.
These are great for everyday cleaning, although they won’t be able to deep clean, as they are meant for surface dirt and grime.
For picking up loose dirt particles, fibers, and pet hair they are excellent products that can be used repeatedly before the cotton pad will need to be replaced.
This particular type of mop is great at quickly cleaning the floor, especially when followed up with a wet mop.
4. Combination Wet/Dry Mops
These types of mops are among the most versatile available on the market and can be used for either wet or dry applications.
These types will sometimes come equipped with a water tank that you can add a solution to spray the floors, and they are very easy to use.
They do not need any type of bucket or wringing mechanism to operate and can be used for light and medium messes.
Additionally, the cotton pad that is used with these will not hold as much moisture or dirt like a sponge or wringable mop but is great for light mess and routine cleaning.
The 7 O Cedar Mop Reviews
1. Best Seller – O Cedar Easywring Microfiber Spin Mop and Bucket
- Good value for the money
- Both the mop and bucket are made from high-quality materials
- Durable in design and easy to use
- The built-in wringer in the bucket is easy to use and hands-free
- Budget pick
- Not the most durable mop handle
For a well-received and well-rounded mop and bucket combo, this product from O-Cedar is a great option. Included in the purchase of this product are 3 mop head refills, the mop body, and the wringing bucket.
The bucket is easier to use than previous models or brands and allows for hands-free operation with the foot pedal on the bottom.
The mop heads are made from microfiber that is excellent in removing dirt, grime, and grease, The mop handle is telescopic and can extend up to 51 inches.
This is a very user-friendly mop and bucket combo that is both easy to use and to store.
2. Versatile Spray Mop – O Cedar ProMist Max Spray Mop
- Easy to use and highly durable
- Refillable water tank with the option to use cleaning solution
- Mop heads are double-sided for stuck-on messes
- The motor will last a long time and there is no need for batteries
- Not able to hang up
If you are in the market for a good spray mop from a reputable brand name, the ProMist Max from O-Cedar is a great choice.
It is available with extra refills if desired, all of which are made from microfiber which is excellent at removing dirt and grime.
All of the compatible mop heads are double-sides for stuck-on grease, and the cleaning solution bottle is refillable.
This is a highly durable and versatile product and can be used either in a wet or dry application. There is no need to use batteries with this product, and the motor will last a long time even with extended and repeated use.
3. Affordable Mop – O Cedar Dual Action Microfiber Flip Mop
- A quality product that is available for a good price
- Can be used as a wet or dry mop
- Mop heads can be washed and reused
- Lightweight design
- Sometimes the handle may not lock in place
For a great budget-friendly option, this microfiber mop is a great buy that features a simplistic design.
It is a great choice for either wet or dry mopping, and the mop head can easily be washed and reused.
The microfiber material that is used picks up even the smallest particles of dirt, and if used wet is an excellent cleaning tool for grime.
This versatile mop is made from high-quality microfiber and chenille for an efficient cleaning routine. The handle of this mop is telescopic, meaning it can be extended and retracted as needed for your cleaning needs.
4. For Hardwood Floors – O Cedar Microfiber Mop for Dry and Damp Cleaning
- Easy to use with no assembly required
- Mop heads can be washed and reused
- Telescoping handle offers additional versatility and function
- Can be used as either a wet or dry mop for hardwood floors
- The mop heads can start to shed after being washed too often
If you are looking for a good mop specially designed for hardwood floors, this is a great option. It is crafted with a strong, sturdy handle and base with the cleaning capabilities of microfiber.
This can be used as either a wet or dry mop; the microfiber material will grab and hold onto any dirt or dust particles.
The mop heads are replaceable, although they can be washed and reused for up to 100 times before needing to be replaced.
The handle of this hardwood floor mop is also telescoping and can be extended for up to 56 inches. It is also collapsable for easy storage and if you need less, reducing back strain while in use.
5. For Commercial Use – O Cedar Microfiber Cloth Mop With 2 Extra Refills
- A versatile product that will last through multiple uses
- Mop heads are machine washable
- Microfiber material grabs and holds on to dust and grime
- Can be used on any type of hard flooring surface
- Does not come with a mop bucket
For a well-rounded product that is great for commercial use, this mop from O-Cedar is the most popular and highest selling mop from the company.
The replaceable mop heads are made from microfiber and are machine washable up to 100 times. This allows you to get a lot of use for your money, and they can pick up dirt and grime with ease.
The handle for this mop can extend and retract for your cleaning needs, and this also makes it easy to store when not in use.
This product can be used on any non-carpeted surface, such as hardwood, linoleum, and tile without damaging the flooring.
6. Sponge Mop for Tough Stains – O Cedar Big Easy Flat Sponge Mop
- Scrubbing bristles make tougher dirt and grime easily to clean
- The sponge mop head is easy to wring out
- Lightweight design that is easy to maneuver
- Easy to use durable design
- The sponge can hold on too much dirt and grime, being harder to remove
If you are looking for a good sponge mop for your cleaning needs, consider this product from O-Cedar. It is a budget-friendly product that will be a great cleaning tool and offers scrubbing bristles.
The sponge works well to remove tough stains and grease from hard floorings such as laminate, hardwood, and tile.
While there is not a bucket included, the sponge will hold on to the cleaning solution and is easy to wring out.
The handle is lightweight and easy to use, with a wringing mechanism in the middle for ease of use. The sponges are simple to replace when needed, and can last a long time per each one.
7. Easy to Maneuver – O Cedar Microfiber Flip Mop
- Easy to use and lightweight in design
- A versatile cleaning tool
- Reusable and machine washable cleaning pads
- Microfiber grabs and locks in dust particles
- The handle is not telescopic
- Not as well suited for a wet mop
This particular flip mop is simplistic in design and can be used as either a wet or dry mop. It is easy to use, and the replaceable mop heads are also machine washable up to 100 times.
This adds a level of versatility and durability, saving you money. This is an effective cleaning tool for all of your hard flooring surfaces and is great at picking up dust and dirt particles.
The microfiber cleaning pad is easy to remove, wash, and replace and 1 pad can last through several cleanings.
This is an easy to maneuver mop that will be able to reach under furniture and appliance, allowing you to clean a wide range of surfaces.
All of the products listed above are made from high-quality materials and will last you a long time. O-Cedar is a brand name that you can trust, and you can rest easy knowing their products will perform their intended function well.
There is a wide range of products to choose from, and if you have the intended purpose that you will be using the mop for in mind, this will make the buying decision far easier.